Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Dewey Decimal System is alive and well


If there is nothing else in Iqaluit, there are lots of jobs. Somehow, I managed to stumble into a second one. I found out that the local public library was desperate for staff, so I've started working there - just on Saturdays, and a couple of days during the week. It's kind of an ideal second job - low stress, but intellectually stimulating enough to keep me interested. It's a good complement to working at the daycare, where a complete sentence is a major accomplishment for most of the kids.

This past weekend, I attended Mass Registration, where all the clubs/groups/classes/volunteer organizations gather in one room for one day to fill the calendars of Iqalummiut for the year. Which means I'm probably not going to be bored any time soon.

No comments: