Sunday, June 29, 2008

Of Circuses

The past couple weeks, I've had my head down, busy volunteering with Alianait and attending the multitude of Alianait events, and with writing report cards on the way to the end of school (my last day was Friday). I can't even believe I made it to the end of the school year; I'm sort of still in a daze of disbelief.

My life feels like a circus, especially since I've attended a couple of circuses - the Fibonacci Project was a great show last Sunday, and Artcirq on Tuesday was pretty cool too. In fact, all the Alianait events so far have exceeded my expectations, I'd say. The opening concert was a long night of eclectic music from all over, Monday night brought this amazing frenetic Quebecois folk band to the Francophone to ring in St. Jean Baptiste Day, Wednesday I heard cool stories from Dave Bidini and Michael Kusugak, Friday Dave Bidini played some songs at the Nova bar... phew! And those are just my evenings this past week.

Oh, and last Sunday I also swung by the Nunavut Arts and Crafts festival, where I played some songs, and participated in a Printmaking workshop done by Andrew Qappik. I also purchased a print by an artist named Veronique Nirlungayuk. Here's the print I made along with and the one I bought:

No comments: